5 Reasons Why I Loved Having My Bridesmaids Pick Their Own Dresses
Updated: Dec 30, 2017
First let me start off by saying, I can’t get over how beautiful my girls look. Liner & Lace was the best #GlamSquad ever and would highly recommend the amazing team of women! Now to be honest, I was surprised at how well the dresses all came together. The only direction I gave my girls was, “Get a champagne/blush toned dress that makes you feel beautiful.” Without any coordination they all nailed it (It probably helps thats all my girls have amazing fashion sense). So here are 5 reasons why having my bridesmaids pick their own dresses was one of the best decisions I made about the wedding (not in any order of importance):
1. With hundreds of decisions to make about your big day this was one less thing for me to worry about! I wasn’t spending time on trying to figure out who would look good in what or trying to find time for all of us to go dress shopping. I gave them the responsibility to be in charge of themselves which left me stress free (in the bridesmaids dress department at least).
2. Not one dress style fits all. I’ve heard terrible stories of women having to wear dresses that didn’t fit their body type and were literally in tears with how uncomfortable they were. I’d hate to make my girls feel any less beautiful than they are.
3. Our pictures turned out better! The girls got to pick something that not only made them feel comfortable but also beautiful and I believe you can truly see that in all our pictures.
4. They could spend as little or as much money as they wanted. I didn’t have to feel the guilt of asking my besties to fork over hundreds of dollars on a dress to wear once. (Unless they wanted to of course 😉).
5. I loved how the dresses really spoke to each of their personal style. We had sexy, glam, fun, flirty and everything in between which best fit each of the girls personal style and body.
I really disliked the thought of having matching minions following me around all night. I was literally picturing the Pixar movie, Despicable Me (don’t get me wrong I love that movie) but I didn't want that for my wedding. Having my bridal party pick their dresses turned out even better than I could have imagined. I am so fortunate to have the best Bridesquad ever, they are all so beautiful on the inside and out! & Yes I had a 'bridesman', he's been my best friend since 7th grade and I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Bridesmaids dresses: bhldn.com, simplydresses.com, lulus.com, & nordstrom.com.
Hair & Make Up: Liner & Lace
Photography: Essence Photography
Brides Wedding Dress Salon: Kinsely James
Brides Dress Designer: Gala by Galia Lahav
Florist: Fiona Floral
Bridemaids Robes: Plum Pretty Sugar
Brides Robe: Nordstrom